Its that time of year again. The 11th annual attempt at creating life-long habits for myself. I’ve discovered that because of the after the end-of-year holidays I am not mentally or physically capable of sticking with resolutions for the upcoming new year. I need a break so I take the whole month of January off to reflect and plan.
So the kickoff is today on 2/2! My resolutions, goals and life-changing habits are listed below. These are not to be confused with items on my “F*%k It List”. I will check in every month and then review my progress. Next check-in is on March 3 (3/3). After that will be 4/4, 5/5 and so on. Here we go!
The immediate goal is to drop 25 pounds quick. Besides the typical
motto of “Eat clean, train mean, get lean”, I’m throwing in some activities that should help.
Kickboxing/sparring with Tracy
- Dance lessons. Something fun like Swing? Sexy, like Bachata? We’ll figure it out.
- Disc Golf. Time to get back into it. Less expensive than golf and I don’t have to wear baggy, plaid pants.
- Yoga/Meditation. I had some moderate usage last year but not enough to form a habit. I did appreciate the quiet time to breathe, relax and focus on nothing.
- Learn Python. Only one tech goal this year because I get scattered and end up not learning anything. No more. Time to learn and apply data science and machine learning applications.
- Sketch/Draw/Doodle. I bought an iPad and pencil last year and I want to be more creative.
- Learn Spanish with Tracy.
- Learn Chinese. For myself.
- Learn to play the ukulele. I grabbed one late last year but with the holidays in the way it took a back seat.
- DAM- Digital Asset Management, or, where the hell are my photos from that shoot last month?
- Write short stories. I have a ton of ideas for these.
- Write micro fiction. One hundred word stories.
- Work on that novel. Its been ten plus years and I still can’t get all of this out of my head.
- 52 week photo challenge. 52 weeks in a year = 52 photos
- Order a credit report and start settling some debts for less. 2017 was not a good year and it hurt me financially so I am slowly recovering. This year will be dedicated to resolving this and restoring my good name.
- Build credit with a secured credit card.
- Automate savings and track investments. Yes, there is an app for that and it is called Acorns.
- Cryptocurrency. This year I will dip a toe into these unknown waters. Bitcoin? Ethereum? Research is crucial here.
Knowing myself all too well, I may end up adding or subtracting this or that. Either way, I’ll check back in here on 3/3 for the first review of how I do!