In order to take advantage of the benefits of a good photo walk, try some of these visual exercises as well.
- Walk around shooting anything and everything. Don’t discriminate, keep your mind open
- Focus on color, monochrome, texture, composition
- If you shoot primarily with your camera, try your phone’s camera instead. Vice versa. Change it up.
- Look for different color combos, shapes, curves, leading lines
- Process your photos with different styles. Over-saturate, add shadows.
- Use your flash to drastically change the outcome.
Any or all of these exercises could help you flex your artistic muscles