Last updated on March 5, 2022
Lately I have been attempting to find a more efficient workflow for my photography processing and organization. I have been an Adobe Lightroom user since 2006 to help organize and edit images. A few years ago Adobe switched to a subscription model instead of a one-time purchase. This is disappointing. To save money, I have looked for a solution that can do everything Lightroom can and own it. It hasn’t been easy and I have tried them all. I’ve gone back and forth but somehow I keep coming back to Lightroom so why fight it? Shut up and take my money. A history of the back and forth below:
- 01/01/2018 Lightroom is the best, I’ll never leave.
- 05/01/2018 Why am I paying Adobe every month? I wonder what Capture One will do for me?
- 05/15/2018 C1 trial expiring, do I want to invest $200 for something I am not too happy with?
- 03/24/2019 Converted from Windows to Macbook. Adobe? Pixelmator? Both.
- 02/02/2022 Cancel Adobe, hello again Pixelmator and Apple Photos
- 02/24/2022 Don’t listen to me, I’ve resubscribed to Adobe Lightroom
The whole point of this is to stick with what I know, enjoy the process, appreciate the software solutions offered and pay the monthly fee. This time I went with the 1 TB Lightroom Only plan because I do not use Photoshop. Same cost, less software but more cloud storage. Perfect.